Electric Vehicle Day 2015
- Needed to drive awareness of and attendance to this one-day event, giving visitors the opportunity to check out the latest EV offerings, and learn about potential savings, such as state and federal incentives available for zero-emission and plug-in electric vehicles.
- Also had to encourage individuals to learn more by visiting the EV Day section of SDG&E’s website.
- Required creating ample awareness over a very short media flight (campaign ran from 9/11 through 9/18, leading up to 9/19 event).
- Launched a purely paid social media effort via Facebook, due to its large reach and vast audience targeting capabilities around EVs and environmental friendliness/ sustainability.
- Leveraged a diverse mix of Facebook ad units including Newsfeed, Right-Hand Rail, and Event Response Ad Units.
- Linked Event Response Ads to SDG&E’s Facebook page, which listed the one-day event with a “Join Now” call-to-action, promoting a sense of urgency around limited timeframe.
- Reached more than 200,000 unique San Diego residents during its short media flight.
- The Event RSVP ad unit garnered nearly 500 RSVPs.
- SDG&E registered event attendance at over 1,000 people, with about 20% of people surveyed saying they learned about it through Facebook. It was the largest contributor to event attendance.